Monday, January 4, 2010


The rat poisons are one of the essential rodent control products which are very much useful in controlling the problems created by rats and mice. The rat poisons are made from the most toxic chemicals which helps to kill the rats and mice instantly or in a slow process. For using these poisons for rats, severe precautions are required to be taken. Since these poisons for rats are made from the toxic chemicals, it is very mush necessary to wash off the hands properly after mixing the poison with food items to be kept as baits in bait stations. It is also necessary to keep the baits as well as the rat poisons far away from the reach of children and pet animals as the poison for rats can also kill the humans and pet animals. The rat poison can be used as baits and can be kept inside the houses as well as the surroundings and even in farm lands to prevent the problems created by rats and mice and can be useful to stop mice breeding and stop mice population.

These poisons for rats are mainly made from anticoagulants agents whose main function is to decrease the level of vitamin K present in the body which is required for clotting of the blood. The anticoagulants mainly include bromethalin and cholecalciferol. This bromethalin is one of the neurotoxins. The main function of the bromethalin used in rodent control pesticides damages the brain as well as the cerebrospinal fluid and this result can be observed within ten hours. It initially causes severe head aches and depression and later leads to death of rats and mice. The cholecalciferol used in rodent control pesticides decreases the level of Vitamin D in the body and leads to increase in level of the calcium present in the body to a great level which results in decrease in level of the heart beat and leads to cardiac arrest. Thus the poisons for rats used in rodent control pesticides help to stop mice breeding and stop mice population in the houses and farmlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment